Thread: Usa! Usa! Usa!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 06:44 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknock-2013 View Post
Best game in the world. Can't really be appreciated until you've seen a game live and in person. Toughest athletes, yet humble and grounded for the most part. Loved playing. Miss it even at my tender age of 62. I'm afraid if I laced up a pair and took to the ice I'd certainly strain or worse yet break something.
Maybe some day the NHL Board of Governors will find the good sense to stop thinking like penny pinching meat heads the game will finally get it's due.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I agree, Nick. And to think these guys do this on skates, just takes it over the top for me!
I haven't been on skates now for 2 years. (I'm 52) Last year my son played Rep A Hockey for the Oshawa Minor Generals so I wasn't on the bench.

Previous years, being as I am an assistant coach/trainer, I was on at least once a week.
It was tough last year not being on the bench after all these years, but at the same time, it was nice to watch my son play with my full attention.
I am back on the bench again this year as an assistant coach/trainer for his Midget Hockey team but unfortunately there isn't any practices at this age so no ice for me again!.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Walker's Rep A Hockey pic (Large).jpg (63.6 KB, 24 views)