Thread: Every year
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 08:45 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
And yet for me, the winter season means hockey...
with the playoffs in the spring the king for post-season play in any sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Hockey is actually my favorite sport so I love this time of year.
Love hockey as well, but being Canadian, I don't imagine that was much of a shock to anyone.

This year is the first year in 10 yrs my son isn't playing hockey. I knew this day was coming but boy did it come quick!!

Being a trainer, an assistant coach and being on the bench is something I loved and looked forward too.

Their is a bit of hope as my son had a High School hockey tryout Monday night, which surprised me, so hopefully he sticks with that so I can catch a game or 10, but if one of his buds backs out, I'm afraid he will too.

On the bright side, and although I wouldn't change anything to watch my son play, at least I'll have more time for snowmobiling this winter.

On a side note, I went to the Oshawa Generals game last Sunday night and saw Bobby Orr!
He was back in Oshawa again signing books at our local Costco and decided to check out a game where it all started.
There wasn't much of a crowd at the game but all the 3,642 people who attended, all gave him a roaring applause/standing ovation.
https://www.durhamregion.com/whatson...-book-signing/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bobby Orr.jpg (8.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Bobby Orr Oshawa Generals.jpg (12.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Bobby Orr book signing.jpg (74.7 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by irv; 11-01-2018 at 08:49 PM.