View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 04:27 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

All the high hopes and hype for my team are circling (have circled) down the drain. I've been a season ticket holder for just five years. Last year they raised the prices of my ticket 17% and removed the upper deck tarps. We have one of the largest stadiums (seating capacity needed for FLA GA football game) in a "small market" town. My seat is in the upper deck but right on the 50 yard line cost $486 for seven games (one of our home games is in London) which I think is a pretty good value. It's a lot of fun to attend games especially when we are winning LOL!

Last year I listened to all the Jaguars radio call in shows all week such excitement! But this year I ask myself why do I allow myself to feel rotten all week for this brand of football? Why should I lose my voice screaming for a bunch of losers and I'm not just talking about the final score.

On one hand I want to support my community and our team. But I also know I can watch my team on TV for free. Why do I pay money to feel awful doesn't make sense?

This weeks "Prime Time" Sunday night home game (Steelers) was moved from 8PM to a 1PM start. I'll leave my house around 10AM and listen to the pre game on the drive in. I'll park about 1/2 mile from the stadium (I don't mind the walk) for $10 and grab a free BBQ lunch from this "powder coating company" that is always there cooking. I'll get in the stadium early and watch the players warm up. Then I'll make my way to my seat and say hi to my friends that sit by me. Then I will watch my team get the crap beat out of us.

Larry

Last edited by LuckyLarry; 11-17-2018 at 04:29 AM.