View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Brian clif.ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
The athlete profits just by being at the card show. They can just be happy with that. Why would they worry about what's in my wallet? Why would they care what happens after a fan leaves the show? How can such minute and inconsequential things matter so much to someone who makes tens of millions of dollars? And why would it matter to them?

I go back to my recycled can analogy. That can is worth 5 cents and I don't need it. But someone else might and I don't feel as though I've lost anything because they're the one returning the can that I bought. And I definitely don't feel taken advantage of.

Really don't think that compares. The player needs to be a able to profit enough to make it worth it. Charging 20$ an autograph for something that will sell for 350$ on Ebay is not worth the athletes time. Your recycling analogy is apples to oranges. It doesn't matter how much money they are worth. I would bet that guys like Trout do card shows mostly for the fans or to give extra money to charity. They charge what the market dictate. Liston to players, most who don't like signing autographs its because they think that the guy is going to turn around and sell them. The players are not going to go to a card show just so guys can have a career in selling autographs on ebay.