View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 08:02 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanofjapan View Post
Yes, this!

I live in Japan and its way worse over here, the vast majority of (card) sellers either don`t ship at all to Japan or charge like 30$-$40 just to ship a single card.

I don`t necessarily blame the sellers, USPS rates are out of their control and some might just feel more comfortable dealing with domestic buyers. But it is frustrating when I see a card I want but can`t have.....
That's a crazy price but I have seen $51 dollars just to ship one low dollar card here before!

I was looking at it on E-Bay (not logged in) and thought it would be a great card to purchase and noticed shipping was only $3.00 dollars. I logged in and the shipping went up to $51!!

I mentioned this in another thread but got no feedback. Long story short, when searching for particular cards or years of cards (52 Topps) in E-Bay, do you have to specifically type in exactly what you want to see?

I received an e-mail the other day from "invest in baseball" and noticed the cards were listed on E-Bay so I threw some early bids in on them via the e-mail.
I knew the first cards were ending last night beginning at 8:20 but when I entered through Leon's "post war" link at the top left, those cards were not there despite there only being about 10-15 minutes left?

I typed in 1952 topps in the E-Bay heading and there they were, ready to run out of time?

My question is, are there different auctions going on at E-Bay, (even though 52 Topps cards are post war) that can be ending around the same time? It surprised me these cards didn't show up even though other post war cards that I could see were ending around the same time?

If I never typed in what I did, I would have sworn the cards were removed or the auction stopped for some reason?

Last edited by irv; 08-31-2016 at 08:29 PM.