View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Matt

I think the flash would create a similar effect on the other side, yet there are areas of slab border that seem quite clear. Granted, angles and light can be tricky. Yet while frosting is very normal, and often guys do hit the panic button unnecessarily, in this case it runs the entire length of one side-- which is a no-no.

Taken alongside all the other observations pointed out above, I personally would pass.

People love to look for sweet deals on the 311. But a sweet deal on this card is a chimera-- it is bait to scam those hoping to beat the market and "steal" one. To get a real Mantle 311 centered like this ebay example, one has to man up and pay much stronger than the 17k or whatever this seller will accept. At auction this card-- if it were legit-- would need a 20-25k bid to be in contention at the final seconds. End of the day, the best defense against offerings like this ebay example is embracing the fact that there's just no nickel-and-diming a centered 311-- too many people know how rare such a specimen is, and want one for their collections.

The feedback profile also does not inspire consumer confidence, in my opinion.

Last edited by MattyC; 05-16-2014 at 08:01 PM.