View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 02:49 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Did you not see the corners on the SGC 5.5? They're sharp, not mushy. That's why the card is a 5.5 and not a 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
-- if you like a sharp corner over centering, hey, to each his own. But there's a group of collectors who place an enormous premium of centering, especially for the 311
I naturally lean corners/image over centering (been that way for 20+ years and feel no urge to change)... but in general to me- cards, sets, different images and examples are way too varied to lock into any one or even two pre-established traits before seeing them. I always thought I was weird when I had trouble giving simple answers to the "what's your type?" question about girls. Then as I got older I realized that until I had met and talked to each one, it didn't matter what color her hair or eyes were if all the individual pieces fit together well. Often times you surprise yourself and that can be the most fun! This is exactly how I feel about cards, and several strong traits can almost always outweigh one negative IMO (key being my "O", so not trying to sway anyone). Put more simply- if it looks good to me when I see it, I like it.

From what I read, my version of "eye appeal" may not align with the majority here (maybe a good poll question?), and my OC cards may be dinged if I were to auction them off.. but I like them and I'm not planning to sell them. Here's a few favs...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1952 Topps Robinson iPhone.jpg (74.7 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg Leaf Jackie Robinson.jpg (77.6 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg T202 Speaker Wood PSA 7 OC.jpg (26.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 1915 Cracker Jack Alexander SGC84.jpg (77.4 KB, 123 views)