View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Default m101-4 Indy Brewing cards

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

Hi Zach,

I can tell you exactly why. The damaged ones all come from a single set, once complete or nearly complete, that surfaced on ebay in March 2004. I bought several of these from a lovely lady from northern Illinois who had inherited them from her grandfather (I know, I know, but this one I believe). She had the following to say about the damage:

"Back in the early 1900's there were a lot of semi-pro teams and my grandpa played baseball. He had a business, but loved baseball. I am sure that my love started because of him. Anyway, he trusted everyone and let someone take these cards home with them. When tney were returned, the person left them in front of his business and it rained. That is what caused the damage. My grandfather was a saver. He saved everything."

The point I'd make is this: Indy Brewing seem plentiful right now because these damaged ones have been floating around. But except for this one set, there are very few examples to be found. I believe the Indy back is a good bit scarcer than many assume-- especially in nice condition.

Cheers,
Tim