View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Mike

Default Thanks

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Bill, glad to see your effort continues - fighting through competition from sub-set builders will always be a challenge when chasing the larger set. There are others that are - whether they know/admit it or not - pursuing the same goal.

Scott - don't know if you remember or not, but I got a bulk lot from you from the B/S/T back about 5 years ago - that was a real kick-start to the set for me - thank you again. I haven't reviewed the Lewis (no-emblem) content on the board in a while, but was surprised to hear your thoughts that the population is probably less than 10.

While these these sorts of discussions often turn in to show and tell (and I had to join in this time) I really get in to the other aspects of the sets - T207 in particular. As you know, this set has enough intricacies to keep it interesting and like its more popular brother, more is being learned all the time with new cards appearing when least expected (Red Cross find, Heritage Anon group).

Though I have been fortunate enough to pick up some nice cards - often in group purchases with other board members - I'm finding the research more and more interesting and look forward to more of that. On the plus side, that aspect of the hobby is infinitely more cost effective.

--
Mike