View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
One other thing that I don't quite understand is some arguments for this have been framed around "well, you just wanted to get a steal, which is why you didn't want the auction outed?" Are people jealous when other board members get good deals or something? I don't understand this point. For example, when Leon got a particular good deal on a Tobaco Angola card for Ruth that did not list Ruth in the ebay listing, I was not jealous. I was unhappy that I did not know about that auction so I didn't bid on it, but I was happy for Leon and the other board members who put in the work to troll through ebay listing after listing to find these great cards.
I don't think people get jealous about people getting good deals, speaking for myself, I'm happy for people when they get a great deal. Like I said earlier, I understand why people don't want auctions outed. I am not confused about the benefits to some of an auction being missed by the majority.

I bet you wouldn't mind if the auction was only "outed" to you via a PM, and you and only you had a chance to bid on it. Would you be morally upset by that type of outing? Of course not. But, if it's outed to the whole board, it's a sin.

Sincerely, Clayton