View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Default I have several

I have several different cards from trading groups (OBC), Fan Booths (Fanfest, National), etc.

My favorite is the one below...In 1997, I wrote in to a fan contest sponsored by the Dodgers asking fans to write about their experiences at Dodger Stadium. I wrote about my grandfather taking me when I was younger and what a special time it was when I got my driver's license and was able to take him for the first time. I was one of 20 lucky winners that got to play a modified game at Dodger Stadium. I was able to invite anyone I wanted to watch. That day, my grandfather, father, mother, girlfriend, brother, and several friends came to watch me play. The Dodgers went all out. They gave us all full uniforms (right down to socks and belts) that included the 50th anniversary patch for Jackie. Caps were fitted as well. I got my cap but choose to wear my grandfather's white Brooklyn Dodgers cap. We got dressed in the auxiliary clubhouse (which used to be the Angels clubhouse) but were given a tour of the Dodger clubhouse. We sat in the dugouts and played on the field. We were even announced by the Dodgers' announcer and had an intro. from Vin Scully. It was fantastic. Although I did not get a hit, I played a decent third base. We all got a great video (now on DVD) of the game and intro. We also were given tickets to that night's game and were introduced on the field before the game.

My friend Peter (and fellow vintage card collector) was at the game and took many many pictures. Three of which he used to produce the card below. He wrote the copy as well. It is one of my most prized cards. I do not fit in the uniform anymore but still have it, both caps, even the socks!

Joshua

[IMG] photo Joshuat202front2_zpsc0b7169b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo Joshuat202back_zpsccd7cd4a.jpg[/IMG]