Thread: photo help
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default photo help

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Hi-
I had a good flea market day yesterday as I picked up a few sports and nonsports items for pretty good deals (at least in my opinion). One of the pieces I found is this press photo (or wire photo, I never know the difference) of a baseball play at the plate. I know this is a long shot, but can anyone provide any details of the photo (e.g. level of play, era, etc.)? My guess was a high school game in the 1930s-1940s, but if someone knows the field, teams, etc, that would be greatly appreciated.
Related to this question, I was wondering if folks here would mind a photo identification thread (you can use this one if desired) where we could post our baseball photos and see if any one can provide additional information. Beyond this photo (which I know is nothing special) I also picked up another smaller photo and a late 1800s photo with equipment that I will try to share over the next few days. This is just a thought to increase traffic on this side of the board.
Please see scans of the photo below (back and front). Thanks in advance for any information.
Alan Elefson