View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 07:41 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
I sort of feel bad for the seller, I reached out to him to tell him about the operation bullpen and he said his dad bought this autograph in 1999 and has since passed away and that he always assumed it was real because it was "certified". He was selling it to buy presents for Christmas. I sent him the link for youtube video about "operation bullpen" that HBO did. He asked me where to get authenticated and I pointed him in the direction of PSA "quick opinion" for a start. I didnt tell him that his autograph was fake or real just didnt want him to sell it to someone and they send it off to be rejected then demand money back long after he had spent it. He pulled item from EBAY a short time ever. I believe he really didnt know from the emails he sent. Most of the sellers know but dont care it seems.. I do remember the late 90's how many donald fragpani COA's were out there on high dollar items. Was not uncommon from what I remember to see several Ruth bats and gloves and balls authenticated by him! Feel for all the people who lost money that still have no idea that what they have is forged that think they can sell for $$ if they really need money.
I'm glad someone reached out to him and was able to help this seller out.