Thread: eBay change
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 03:20 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1216 View Post
Problem I had is with multiple purchases. I bought a few items from the same seller but had to pay for each separately. No combined shipping charges when you do it this new way. I had to contact the seller prior to the purchase and get him to agree to refund the extra $$.
Purchasing 5+ items and paying 5+ $3 (or more) shipping charges each is crazy.
Exactly. And for you sellers, something for you to look into: now that you are charged fees by eBay on shipping charges, what happens to those fees when you refund a portion of those shipping charges...?

With Paypal fees, when you send a partial refund, the fees applied to that portion of the payment are refunded as well (and they show the fee amount refunded on the confirmation screen for the refund). With Ebay fees, they charge the fees to your account at the time the BIN is completed, and the only way the fees are refunded to your account is if you cancel the transaction out completely. They WILL NOT refund any fees on a partially-refunded transaction, and since you never see anything about the fees until you get your statement at the end of the month, it is easy to overlook what happened with the fees on that transaction you refunded. Refund $100 of overpaid shipping charges, and you will be billed by eBay just as if you had kept the $100.

Now, sellers, try explaining that to buyers who overpay for shipping and then ask for a partial refund for combining their items into 1 shipment.