View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Default The problem with reading and posting here-will the person identify himself?

Posted By: Jeff

"Clearing my name April 1 2006, 3:06 AM

Since there are two auctions going on right now where the ending the auction early tatic has been used I just wanted to end any speculation that I am the one trying to end auctions early. The reason I bring this up is b/c I have the same first name as the person that has tried to do it for two current auctions and in the Q/A section it has me asking one question and then the very next person with the same name is trying to end it early.

Also, I would like to point out for anyone interested in the auction where this shows up that I have withdrawn interest in the auction b/c of the sellers bull**** tatic of posting my email address and potential bid in his auction to drive the price up."

Question from the auction.

"Would you please send me a pick of the card with my name written on a peice of paper please and send to charlieoneal@comcast.net. I know it's a little extra work but just want to be safe before I place my bid of around $600. Also, since I live in Philly to would there be anyway to wave the shipping charges and just pick it up in person and pay cash for it at that time? Thanks, Charlie"

Charlie,

I really don't understand how this is a "bull**** tactic" on the part of the seller. You asked a question which I personally don't fully understand the wanting a pic of the card with your name on a piece of paper. You say to be safe but how does the seller doing that make it safe for you? And you have to know by now that any question that is asked on eBay can show up in the auction itself if the seller chooses that option when answering.

Not trying to start anything here. Just trying to understand why the seller has been accused of a "bull**** tactic".

Jeff