View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Default The problem with reading and posting here-will the person identify himself?

Posted By: martin dalziel

I don't think you can see who has added items to their tracking list - only to those things that they've bid on.

I'm with Adam - i don't bid early because i don't want people letting me do all the hunting and they just follow my lead. I spend a lot of time and effort looking for things in tucked away places with poor descriptions. Most of the time there's someone right there at the end who has found the item just like me, but every once in a while i'm the lone bidder at the end.

I've also asked people if they have a BIN price in mind and have had some auctions closed early because i've agreed to pay what they've asked. Lately i've lost out on a couple of these because someone else came behind me and either offered more than what the seller agreed to or the seller had a new BIN for that person. Sometimes even though you think you've won an item you haven't.

Tbob's original post was asking whether the person who has said that ending auctions early was wrong and then appeared to have asked a seller to do just that, would admit that they had done such a thing. I doubt that they will - hypocrite is not a nice moniker.