View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 08:16 PM
Steve Birmingham

When I started getting a lot of cards in 74 I ended up putting them in number order. Before I had about 300, I had them by team but stopped when it just got too hard to know which ones I needed since I didn't have all the team checklists. But the Aaron was relatively safe, since I didn't get it until after I got a binder and pages.

I've put them in number order ever since, with one in front and the last card at the back. Passed on a few junk era sets once when they were new because they were stacked with the last card in front and the first in back. It was too much of a nuisance to reverse an entire 700+ card set.

I haven't damaged any with rubber bands, but I have in other ways. I got a file cabinet that has shallow drawers and used it for cards. I had to put them in sideways, but it worked great. Except the screws that hold the drawer handles rubbed on the cards at the front. After a couple got wrecked I put some 3x5 cards in there to take the scuffing.
And I've lost a few last cards to spills. Juice or milk, then soda and eventually beer. (That was a sad sad day, wrecked a few cards and spilled a good beer. )

Steve B