View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default New (old) Board Direction- IMPORTANT

Posted By: Brian McQueen

As expected, there's a lot of concern over Leon's announcement today however I think a lot of it is needless to be honest. Our "new" direction is actually the "old" direction that the site used to be all about. We're essentially trying to recapture the original focus of our site which was primarily vintage cards and topics relating to that. So this isn't really anything new that we haven't all been a part of before. The goal is to simply regain that focus the forum originally had.

Many of you are upset because you're afraid that many of the popular topics on this site such as Ebay issues, grading companies, the Nationals...etc..etc...won't be allowed under this direction. However these are the topics we're actually trying to encourage as all of these examples pertain directly to vintage baseball cards.

Also, the goal is to not make anyone feel unwelcome, we're just trying to narrow the forum's focus is all. When I came here, I knew very little about cards, but I contributed to discussion by asking questions and providing what knowledge I did have when applicable. When we say that regular posters will be allowed some leniency, its because we are trying to establish a little more of a flexible environment than we had in the past. O/T threads used to be deleted altogether on the forum and we would like to not have to be that harsh. Now we're leaving open the possibility of straying once in a while....just without it becoming a regular habit.

We feel that our site will be more enjoyable in the long run by making this movement back to the forum's origins. It's hard to deny the problems we have had as of late because the forum has tried to include additional subject matter. By refocusing our forum upon its original intent, we'll be alleviating problems that we've had recently such as users complaining about having to sift through too much content, a duplication of efforts because we tried to insert additional forum pages, thread hijacking/evolution into O/T issues, in-house fighting, etc..etc...

Hope this helps explain things a little better....