View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The set had many examples graded above a 6 before the find. Not a lot and they were rare. But I know of at least one set that probably averaged 7 or so...before the find.

However, depending on how things go the BSF cards might gain some steam because of their provenance and all of the fraudulently altered cards in high grade holders without provenance except back to Moser types. So maybe really high grade unaltered cards, in holders or not, will be more valuable in the future. I am not the only doubting Thomas concerning high grade vintage in numerical holders. Eventually I will get a BSF card because I want one. The time hasn't been right yet and I doubt I get a very expensive one either. I would like it nicely centered though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
yes, but the percentage of that 139

that is high grade is crazy compared to the percentage of T206. Coupled with the lower demand (and believe it or not the BSF cratered overall demand for the set) and it's just a tough spot economically for the top end cards. When a set has no graded examples over 6, and then suddenly the total population triples and nearly ALL the new cards are OVER 6 it's not great. I know a few guys who had completed, or were working on sets who got out of them after BSF because their PSA 4 average sets were now pointless.

Last edited by Leon; 11-11-2019 at 05:04 PM.