View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 02:55 PM
Rick

Great stuff everyone, I love seeing all of these line-up cards. I’m always looking for Dodger ones, but they are so hard to find. Most of mine are related to Koufax games, so I thought I would share one of those, plus a more modern Dodger one as well.
First is the dugout card used by the Chicago Cubs when Koufax pitched the perfect game against them at Dodger Stadium on September 9, 1965. I was able to acquire this from someone who worked his way through college as an usher. After each game, his job was to jump over the railing onto the field to provide security for the players. After this particular game, he looked into the Cubs’ dugout and saw the dugout card, folded it up and stuck it in his pocket. I know who has the Dodgers’ dugout card, but it isn’t for sale.
scan004 b 25% 90%.jpg
Second is the dugout card used by the Miami Marlin’s on July 15, 2017 when Cody Bellinger became only the third LA Dodger and first rookie Dodger to hit for the cycle. Bellinger, needing a triple when he came up in the 7th, laced a drive into right-center and easily slid into third base to complete the cycle. And I never thought I would buy a game-used base, but when the Marlins put the third base he slid into up for auction, I had to get it. And then I found a photo of Bellinger sliding into 3rd taken by Jon Soo Hoo, the Dodger team photographer. So the base, the line-up card, and the photo are all happily together.
IMG_0227 25% left rotated.jpg

Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg line-up card 2 75%.jpg (67.7 KB, 898 views)

Last edited by rlevy; 05-03-2020 at 10:16 AM.