View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Default Greatest Playoff Game Ever?

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Great game, and one of the best. But I give props to the 86 NLCS Mets Astros game. That had way more drama. Tie ball game at end of regulation, tied again acouple of innings later. And why Jesse Orosco ever threw that same pitch to "Billy (not Mickey)" Hatcher, I'll never know. It is a game I still remember where I was and what I was doing at the time. Moments that you can remember like that are great moments to me. I couldn't tell you where I was for the Gibson HR, so that goes down the scale for me.

If anyone out there doesn't think the Yankees/Red Sox are not a good match up for baseball as a whole are dead wrong. I live in Minnesota and work in a bowling alley with a bar, our league got done and the Yankee/Red Sox game was still on, the bar was packed and a huge applause and roar went up when the Red Sox won. We can't even keep people in the bar for Vikings games on Monday night, let alone stay full. About half the people left after the game and to my shock the remaining people wanted to watch the MNFootball game. I went to another room to turn on the Astros/Cards to watch the end, all of like 1 inning. Great series and the Astros better throw Munro tonight.

Just my Experience

Lee