View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:49 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the kind words. A few things:

1. I 100% think i need the Cobb back for a complete Run (same with all three T213's, which i have, the T213-3 overprint, both T215 red crosses, and the T215 pirate, which I have); i think I want each back of a T206 front really. At worst, Cobb back, T213-1 (have) and T215-1. In time....
2. Doesn't take that long if you are willing to pay and you are tenacious at tracking stuff down; although I got really lucky on the Brown OM (thanks Johnny V!) and the Brown Lenox, which are the two real doozies.
3. I had a lot of help from many people who had eyes out for me -- Johnny, Sean C., Derek H., Michael S., Adam G, Luke L, etc. Its good to have friends and be lucky.
4. I still technically need a Sov 150 and an AB 350 no frame (in addition to Cobb and T215-1). I am trying to get a mid-high grade HOF front for all the backs (cant be a chooser on the BL 460, Drum, Brown Lenox and SLers for the OMs).
5 The fronts are:
Brown OM -- Sid Smith (SGC A)
Brown Lenox - Joe Lake, no ball (SGC 30)
BL 460 - Elberfield, fielding (PSA 1.5)
Drum -- Solly Hoffman (PSA 1)
Uzit -- Tinker bat off (SGC 84)
Lennox -- Chance, yellow portrait (PSA 4)
BL 350 -- Evers Yellow Sky (PSA 4.5)
Red Hindu -- Evers Yellow Sky (SGC 60)
Carolina Brights - Evers Yellow Sky (PSA 4)
Brown Hindu -- Lajoie, portrait (PSA 2)

6. Please post on your favorites that the world does not understand but us crazy Net54 people would love to see!
nice array of rarities...I was into rare backs in the early 90's...at which time I happened upon that drum hofman you now have. I picked it up at a show at the armory in silver spring, md. My heart was beating so fast when I asked to see it and turned it over to see what was hiding on the back...I was afraid to try to negotiate for a lower price...so I paid the full asking price of $38!