View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 07:44 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRuth View Post
Back in 2012 I was scouring Craigslist and found an add for a signed Babe Ruth program. The guy said his mom bought it for him back in 1993. He had a letter from Mark Jordan Autographs (he now works at Heritage). I met the guy in a Friendly's parking lot. Really weird guy, he wanted $4500 for the program.
After haggling for a while he came down to $2500, and said he'll sweeten the pot. He pulls out a signed dinner menu with Cobb, Aaron, Musial, Kaline from his trunk under all kinds of junk, along with original photos from the event (pics of Musial a little Tipsey, Cobb with a Cigarette, etc). He then comes down to $2K for both signed items. I haggle a little more - He throws in a Mantle/Williams signed ball - We settle on $1900 for everything.

Oh and did I mention the Ruth program was also signed by Walter Johnson and was for the War Bond game on August 23, 1942!!!!
It's a jumbo 4 inch signature - just gorgeous!!

I brought everything to JSA at the White Plains NY show a week later - and everything was spot on authentic!!!!!

The biggest score of my collecting days

That Hank Aaron autograph is gorgeous! I Never see any like that on ebay.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo