View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Todd Schultz

Default sorry for the huge scans

I was not a huge fan of the 1973 set, although I like it more now. Didn't like the move to more action shots because they were often muddy and convoluted--who am I supposed to be looking at? Didn't like the backs at all, but thought the LHP/RHP distinction on the card fronts was genius.

For me the1973s brought out the first look at the uniforms of the era, mostly ugly polyesters, and this is what I remember most about the set.

Darell Evans. I always liked the player and kind of liked the now gone Braves look.

Bill Gogolewski. My first look at the new Rangers unis, and I like the way the subject is centered in the photo as well as the colors.

Dave Roberts. Remember these Padres' monstrosities?

Joe Morgan. Easily my favorite card of his.

Brooks Robinson. A shot of him in his realm. Brings back fond memories (except when he would rob the Twins at will)
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.