View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Michael Skiles

Default Scans

As you can see from the previous 2 scans, the cards of each player are different. The Jose Pagan card is from 6oz Jello. You will note that the statistics box is a much paler yellow than the others. All of the others are from 3oz Jello boxes. It is difficult to say which box the cards might be from without having full boxes to compare to. I will use the Joe Koppe cards as an example. This is pure speculation based on Dan Mabey's description of the rotogravure printing process. In his explanation the front of the cereal boxes dominate the color schemes. I am using that assumption for the Jello boxes. The Koppe with the bluish background I labeled as 3oz Orange Jello. The Purplish background Koppe I labeled as 3oz Blackberry. The front of the Orange Jello would have Oranges on the front. You can see this in the full box that was posted here by BaseballCrazy62. The Blackberry box would have Blackberrys on the front thus causing the mix to be darker making the background purplish instead of bluish. Again this all pure speculation.