View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Dave,
Weather is warming up, have my boat in the water, and will be out there fishing for some bass, perch, bluegill and other pan fish. Occasionally a Pike will come by, they are a lot of fun, but very boney to eat.
Do you do any fishing Dave? That cures all ailments. Getting a hold of a five pound Bass is a lot of fun. But better yet, is getting about 30 or 40 perch. Not only a fun day, but a great meal. A little egg and Italian bread crumbs, fry them puppies up and a little lemon juice over the top, and what a meal.
Dave, if you live close to Michigan, come for a visit, we will do some fishing, a couple of cold beverages a lot of stories and later, the hammock will soothe away the rest of what troubles you. Then guess what, we can do it all over again the next day.
This is God's Country, pure and simple. By the way, we have only three traffic lights in town. So all troubles are far behind, in them big cities, caught up in all that traffic.

Bill
Bill, Thanks for posting this. I'm from Massachusetts. I used to fish. Never really caught anything. I did drown a lot of worm though. I never knew of anyone eating bluegill. They don't get too big around here. I went ice fishing one time in northern Vermont and caught some pike. It was pretty wild seeing the shiners trying to swim up out of the hole and then have a 18" pike take a line. I liked going salt water fishing. I caught a few nice cod backing the mid 70's.