View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Default POLL: Trimmed Card Prices

Posted By: identify7

To me it is simply a question of rarity.

I do not care that some cards are desireable because the player was popular or because the card fits into a set. If you can afford the t206 Plank and Wagner, for example, why collect the more common cards? Additionally, the backs of cards are only of interest if that is what you collect. But if you can afford the Ty Cobb/Ty Cobb, why bother with the other backs?

That is:

Popular players
Rare backs
Key set cards

Are cards which have interest to others.

Im sorry, but it is my imaginery money which Hal so gratiously gave to me. And I am gonna buy what I want.

For the reasons shown above, I do not want 1), 2), 3), 8), 9).

Unfortunately the 1914 CJ Mathewson is a member of a very attractive and popular set. On that basis, I have to reluctantly eliminate that card.

I will gladly bid whatever is required for each example of 4), 5) and 6) which I can obtain. Duplicates do not bother me at all, since they are not duplicates, solely different examples of a very desireable (to me) card.

I am sorry if my response did not fit your requirements Hal. But I couldn't bring myself to spend the imaginary money on just anything. So now Im back to collecting the crap which I also love.