Thread: T205 question
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Default T205 question

Posted By: joe maples

Thanks Frank, actually I have been collecting for quite a few years, mid 1970's. There was a scan of front and back of card, but I thought I knew more than I did. did not know about the Piedmont back not being on Cobb Card. This is the only time I was duped on ebay. I did buy some cards years ago at shows when they were more popular and did come up with some trimmed cards when I tried to get them graded. Maybe 8-10 of the hundreds that I bought. I got caught up in the excitement of buying the Cobb card. The seller is still selling on ebay and getting good feedback, but I think he knew this card was a fake. Emailed and talked to him on the phone and he would not budge.
I did send the card to SGC and they said it was counterfeit, no explanation though. I try to buy only graded cards on ebay, but still buy ungraded when it is a good dealer and can be pretty certain. By the way, do you have any idea how scarce the Bauman T207 card is. Lipset's books says one of the more difficult, never saw one on ebay. Also none at the Cleveland National either.

Thanks joe