View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaks1912 View Post
Not a paid endorsement..But I've known Rick for twenty years and have purchased thousands of Mylar snugs from him over the last few years. This venture produces a high quality product at very competitive prices. Libraries and museums around the world use 4 mil Mylar. In fact, the Baseball Hall of Fame announced last year that their card and paper collection will be housed in Mylar rather than slabs....YES, there is a reason.... If you compare Rick's prices to Gerber or Bill Cole (the two largest Mylar suppliers) you'll find the same, or better pricing. Gerber has a good seam, but still runs 2-3 % defective. Cole has an irregular seam and slightly higher defective rate. I bought from both of them for years and neither offered any return privileges or adjustments for the defective product.... Rick has replaced any damaged product that I have bought from him (under 1%) and his seams are the best. I hope that his venture is successful and continues to recruit collectors to the best longterm method of storage for paper collectibles
Have you(anybody) ever tried one of the "do it yourself" kits? They look like a great alternative to grading if your goal is to protect your cards.