View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:13 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Multiple people have told me the reason PSA stopped grading is not that new ones were being run off printing plates, but that they had inadvertently graded some "Type II" cards -- preproduction samples never intended for distribution -- and were concerned they could not tell the difference.
The reprinting of the XRC was myth.

They were printing more from original plates but never the 101. It is completely and utterly false.

Don West was selling the reprints but they are the Lite set and the Crunch and Munch cards. I would also steer clear of any of the blue bordered "olympic team" rookies with the NBA logo in the basketball (not the 1984 blue bordered 5X7s, those are real and in my mind the true rookie as the issue date was the earliest). Those are all printed later around 97' Those Olympic cards were the basis of the NBA v Shop at home lawsuit that exposed it.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 07-13-2018 at 10:18 AM.