View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 10:18 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Glad you liked it, Leon. I may have missed something, but I'm failing to see the black light connection, though.

I agree about the kids, which is why with the WSSCA shows I go after kids hard. For Halloween I'll be sticking free parent passes (kids already get in free) with the treats into candy bags for the November convention. I'll also be tracking down Pee Wee football leagues. What I don't get is how adult collectors chastise kids for only collecting modern players/cards. That's what we all did when we were kids and starting to collect! When you're 8, you want to collect they guy that hit 2 HR last night, not 100 years ago. When I was a kid, my dad read a lot. Whenever I went to read something, he'd always say "why are you reading THAT?" in disapproval. And guess what...it turned me off of reading entirely for years. We tend to forget how impressionable kids are and how important the encouragement of ANY kind of collecting is. My daughter has gotten really into collecting PEZ. I think they're stupid, but I don't tell her that and instead use it as an opportunity to teach her about rarity (supply and demand), variations, etc....all the factors that effect every collectible market across the board. I have found that we can enjoy collecting different things, together.

Last edited by conor912; 09-26-2015 at 10:19 AM.