View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Default ACC designations

Posted By: jay behrens

Aren't we a defacto committee? As I said before, what makes "legendary" collector/dealers any better to do the job than those of us that are truely interested in doing this? They certainly don't have any interest otherwise this would have happened years ago.

Waiting until the National or some other show to form your proposed committee is a major waste of time. All of that work can be done here. I am sure that all these legendary people you are thinking of either read this board, or know someone that does. There really isn't much keeping them from getting involved right now if they want to. And who is going to determine who is worthy of being on this committee? Does Mr Mint get to be on it, because he certainly is a hobby legend.

Your wanting to set up committees, etc reminds me of the ad for RBS where the guy is sinking in quicksand and everyone stands around talking about forming committees and action groups but not actually doing anything to get the job done.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.