View Single Post
Old 08-01-2002, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Default E120 Caramel question

Posted By: leonl

Hey guys,
Thanks for the responses....and where else could I go to ask these questions if not for the board? Sure, a few friends, but this is a great venue/forum with a larger audience than any ONE of us could have. I really like talking about vintage cards but sometimes I think there is just too much crap, it sucks.......and I am sure most will agree......anywho, back off my soap box...sorry about that. If any of you have the Collectible Classics brochure you will see one of these 2 cards pictured, lot 69. I'll bring them into work tomorrow and see if I can post pics....They look like they have the same toning and same colors, as each other, and one is American League and one is National League. I would say Pete is correct except (not that you were stating anything for absolutely sure) for the fact that they say "120 different subjects" in a factory type print, not a stamp. I have several stamped cards and these aren't like that. The lot description (and we know John is very knowledgeable and I believe Mr. Lipsett helped him also) says that they use the same photo's as 1922 American Caramels E120 series of 240. soooooo back to the original question....and I think I know the answer now....my theory, and the auctioneers theory, since they are very "white" looking, and my other E120's are not, is that these are just a regional issue much as my beloved M101-4/5's, and are in fact E120's, and the toning might just be from how they were stored OR more importantly distributed?..ie in Caramel or on a shelf etc... ......best regards all....