View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Default if you started collecting pre war in your 20's (not 1920's)

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

I'm 28 and started collecting T206's last year b/c I liked the way the cards looked. I actually got started by finding this site looking for something completely different and once I started looking at the pictures posted on the website I instantly fell in love with the cards.

What actually made me make the jump from newer cards to vintage was the fact that I could get some nice cards of some very famous people for about the price of a current rookie that had not even made it to the majors yet. While I still collect my basball heros from when I was a kid (Canseco, Griffey, McGwire, etc) I have a better appreciation for the past now and the players that helped form the game and have since given up on current players on the most part to focus on some of the all time greats.

Your post hit it right on the mark since I quit collecting when I was about to start college and didn't start up again until a couple of years after I was out. Why collect little pieces of cardboard when you have more important thing to focus on in college, like getting up enough money to buy beer for the weekend.

Now if I could just pay off those damn student loans...my collection would grow alot faster.