View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 05:59 PM

Hi, Ted,

I am so sorry to learn that you have attended your last Valley Forge show. For the relatively short time I've been going to shows (ten years), I've always enjoyed making deals with you. In fact, two of my three most memorable purchases/trades involve you.

#1 was February, 2003 when I was just starting my T3 set and I bought 26 cards from you (averaging VG) for the princely sum of $950. You were incredibly generous because you knew how serious I was about the set. That purchase, which included three HOFers, got me to the goal line of completing the set, including variations.

#2 was this past Saturday when I traded you a Cy portrait (Sovereign back), a card I originally bought from you, for another Cy portrait and a few other cards. What made the trade so special was the fact that my Cy was the final card you needed to complete your Sovereign 206 subset.

#3 is Ron Barrett who pointed me in the right direction when I started collecting 206s, and gave me some generous discounts on cards in order to help me get started. I would always bring Ron and Sheila freshly baked cookies prepared by my wife, Dianne.

So, I'll miss you, Ted, and will look forward to seeing you each year at the National.

Cheers, Mike

Last edited by Michael Peich; 12-08-2010 at 06:15 PM.