View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 08:44 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I guess maybe its my turn to whine a little. I have only submitted cards to a TPG perhaps three times in the 40+ years I have collected. I came across a few cards that I really like and, while I never had any hope that these would come back at 8 or better, I felt that they all had a strong chance to grade well. I just received back my 9 card submission to SGC and honestly, I am a bit miffed at my grades when comparing them to the exact cards they have graded in the past.

I love the new holders but wow...if this is their new grading standards I guess the wait time for PSA may be worth it. Here are three of the cards I had sent back to me along with picks of cards that just sold on Ebay recently. It just seems that their grading standards have been tightened up tighter than the belt on a Biggest Loser contestant.

1962 Topps Ed Mathews SGC 5.5 (mine-new flip)

1962 Topps Ed Mathews SGC 5.5 (not mine-old flip)

1956 Topps Yogi Berra SGC 5 (mine-new flip)

1956 Topps Yogi Berra SGC 5 (not mine- old flip)

1956 Topps Harmon Killebrew SGC 6 (mine- new flip)

1956 Topps Harmon Killebrew SGC 6 (not mine- old flip) Has print line and softer corners as well as diamond cut.

I do plan on sending an email to SGC as these examples just seem to out of line but in the end, it is only their opinion I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mathews mine.jpg (75.4 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg ed mathews not mine.jpg (70.6 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg berra mine.jpg (74.4 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg berra not mine.jpg (77.6 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg killebrew mine.jpg (74.7 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg Killebrew not mine.jpg (78.2 KB, 242 views)