View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 10:37 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Thank you Dave! I think it is not a real fight, as you said. I cannot find any record of Boyo Drisoll ever fighting any of the numerous Glovers (it's amazing just how many people participated in at least a few professional boxing matches in this period, and how popular the sport was at the time compared to now. It feels like everybody and their father boxed for bucks at some point).

The E79's are based on real photographs, but the photos are often 2 different photos put together in the art for the card (like the Al Kaufman and Mike Sullivan, they are 2 post studio photos placed together to be fighting each other on the card art). I can't find any connection between Joe Gans and a Rawlins either. Whether 1 photograph from a sparring session or 2 independent pictures put together, the original photos might be out there somewhere still but I have had no luck in finding them.

The E79's showing fighting partners for Tom Sharkey and Jack O'Brien are mysteries to me too, but they are not given any name and may have been based on some generic boxing picture instead of a real pro.

Last edited by G1911; 07-13-2023 at 10:37 PM.