View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I saw that one. It's has attracted some bidders as it's now at $520. That's almost twice what I paid for mine. It's hard to place a value on such items due to scarcity. It is a beautiful item if you are in to Clemente. I'm curious what it will bring in on Tuesday.
It is curious, since it had been live for days to weeks with no bids and a min bid of $100 if I recall, and then within a few hours of when I mentioned it here, it's up to $500...makes it appear I'm plugging it or have something invested in the outcome...which I don't other than it finds a good home. When I saw the lot I remembered the pic from this thread and the discussion that it was scarce and thought it worth mentioning in case one of the few dedicated readers here was on the lookout for one.

Also curious, and I may be wrong here, but I could swear that the lot description said "circa 1970s" yesterday before my post, and the reason I remember is because I chuckled to myself about it, knowing the discussion in this thread. Now the lot description reads "circa 1980s", which still hedges, but it certainly seems like someone from Hunts is scanning this forum (or a reader alerted them) and bothered to edit the write-up. Kudos to them for that. Too often the AH's don't bother to clarify mistakes pointed out to them, presumably when the original is perceived to be in their favor.