View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 05:25 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

[QUOTE=Copa7;1801256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljurgela View Post

I have just returned from the National Sports Collectors Convention in Cleveland. I can say the soccer card industry is expanding. Panini, Topps and Leaf all are producing soccer for the American market. This is the most ever. In addition, the high end product is almost scary with $500 boxes which guarantee autograph cards.

I have a good amount of cards to trade including some George Best, Figo, Ronaldo, Platini and other rarer issues that people have mentioned here.

I have a few extra sample cards made just for the NSCC show.

I'm looking for Beckenbauer, Pele, Puskas, Cryuff and Chinaglia. But I'm open to anything interesting I don't have in my collection.
Just got back last night from The National as well. Don't mind saying I was a little (just a little) disappointed. It was huge and there were tons of people but, for me personally, a serious lack of diversity.

If you ignore the stuff put out in the last 5 or so years, there was practically nothing from the non big-4 sports. I saw one Pele, two Cassius Clays (saw both sell) and zero anything else from soccer, boxing, tennis, golf (a few 81 donruss), racing, etc. Some pretty cool non-sport and early Olympic at the same table as the Clays, but that's it out of over 600 tables.

While I'm rolling, I hear a lot about trying to get the younger generation into collecting. Plenty of kids with their parent digging through boxes, but again, literally did not see one Chloe Kim, Shaun White, Simone Biles, Rory McIlroy, Jordan Speith, Alex Morgan, Serena Williams, Michael Phelps, etc. The list goes on and on.

Obviously it's up to the dealers to put out what they feel will sell. I was just hoping for a little variety. You can only look at so many '86 Fleer Jordan's, 1960s Mantles and probably 150 tables of Bowman Chrome Autos.

Okay, rant over. As you were.