View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 05:49 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
I really don't want to spend more than $1k on any single card - although I have made an exception or two. And more and more, my goal/hope is to keep things even more reasonable. But with pre-war stuff, in particular, I find the wear and tear on cards to be charming (as well as keeping the price down). I think one challenge in collecting post-war cards is that it is easy to get hung up on getting a really sharp card, which can really drive up the price. Collecting pre-war is good for me, as I'm increasingly fine tuning my standards for all cards, and when I find a mid-range post-war card that has great eye appeal at a reasonable cost, it makes for a great score.
My experience has been similar to yours. I have come to appreciate and seek out nice eye appeal cards in the 4-6 range (or the ungraded equivalent). My comfort level on price is about the same as yours. Honestly, I would much rather have several mid grade cards that present well than one super duper PSA 8. I really like your Williams btw. He is one of my faves and would be one of the very few players I would interrupt Brooklyn team collecting for once I get rolling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk