View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 11:41 PM
Mikeknapp

Great thread! I love that autographed photo. 365 unique items in a single thread is quite a feat. In an attempt to avoid the stealing of your thunder, and stepping on your thread, I will limit my periodic additions to items I think are at least a bit scare. I had this Willie Stargell ceramic bank and had heard that there was a Clemente version. However, after years of searching, I never found concrete evidence of its existence. I began to think it was the stuff of a hobby urban legend. That is until Howard confirmed it was a reality by sharing a photo of his. Ironically I found one shortly thereafter. Isn't that the way it always seems to work? The Clemente bank is on the right. I have only seen three of these Clemente banks. This tally includes Howards and my own. They are made of ceramic and stand about 12" tall. There is not a plug that can be used to remove the coins. The only way to retrieve the money was to literally break the bank which likely explains their scarcity.

PS: Howard I picked up one of those buttons in an auction out of Minnesota a couple of months ago so you can add to your total known to exist. Mine is of the facsimile signed version. I believe you said there is an unsigned one as well?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg banks.jpg (70.9 KB, 1597 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)