View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 08:08 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4reals View Post
This number outline is very helpful, thank you. Perhaps they were Cupcakes as the SCD says and not Suzy Q's. Not sure where the Suzy Q thing started but when I purchased my Rick Monday variation it is what was in the title like the one Probstein is selling.

Edit: But is the #s 31-135 for cupcakes from 1977? That wouldn't make sense for the Monday card because it's number 30.

Edit #2: Here's a thought...maybe BOTH of my Monday cards are Twinkies. Maybe there were packages wrapped with a single twinkie and packages wrapped with two? The stains on the one def look like chocolate though.
I am still confused also about what is what with the 77s.

I recently bought a lot advertised as Twinkies, but I do not feel they are Twinkies, but Cupcakes. The cards from the lot all fall within the # range of 32-132, which matches what the SCD mentions about the Cupcake cards. Attached are the backs of 3 different Lou Brock cards ....all cards are the same width. The first is the back of the regular Hostess card. The second card is not a Hostess or Twinkies card (at least according to the #) but has the black bar visible on bottom edge, and staining on card. The final back appears to be the Cupcake lot...the bar is present, but the font size on the back is significantly smaller than the Twinkies or Hostess font.

So what is this Brock card...could it be a Cupcake with a different font, or from a whole other product?

So, your Monday card would not be a Cupcake card as it likely does not exist in a Cupcake version(based on the # ranges). It still does not match the back of the Suzy-Q cards present on the complete box....possibly a 5th product? (1. Hostess, 2. Twinkies, 3. Cupcakes, 4. Suzy-Q, 5. ????). As you mention, it could be a Twinkie product wrapped differently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (64.6 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (68.7 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (68.5 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 04-12-2018 at 08:22 AM.