View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Jason Stricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
jason, i'm guessing strasburg and harper don't even sign? would love to get them on their topps all-rookies cards.
Not much at all, especially during the season. I've been told by multiple people that spring training is your best bet for Harper and that Strasburg hates to sign or interact with fans.

I got Lombo to sign at the Season Plan Holder's appreciation day. Harper, Strasburg, Desmond, Ryan Zimmerman, Werth and Suzuki paraded themselves around the field as if it were a privilege to see them in the flesh. My theory is that the Nationals sell their autographed balls (except Harper) in the Team Stores for big bucks (or at least try to), so they might have asked them not to sign autographs. The SPH flyer actually noted 'no autographs'.

The rest of the players took the time to shake your hand, talk with you, smile for a few pictures and some signed a few autos. In addition to Lombo's auto on the card, I got Anthony Rendon, Taylor Jordan, Wilson Ramos and Gio Gonzales signed balls. Those guys were the best with the fans and all really nice guys. Denard Span, Adam LaRoche, Jordan Zimmermann and Davey Johnson also signed autos, but I wasn't able to get theirs.

Harper and Strasburg have signed a ton of cards and balls, all of which can easily be found on eBay and other auction sites. It can't compare to getting them in person, but you can still get them if you're willing to pony up the cash. Harper's autos are still hot while Strasburg's have cooled quite a bit.