View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 08:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ToppsFanatic View Post
The sky is falling.

We’re surtounded by communist sympathizers

There are many people with varied interests in seeing this situation play out in different ways. There is very little fact and quite a lot of speculation still circulating. The BO folks have identified some significant number of potentially altered cards and adopted a guilt-by-association mentality toward any cards submitted with them. That is prudent but who knows if it will turn out to be the exception or the rule?

Bottom line is that it’s going to take quite a while for all of this to be looked into and sorted out. Is it possible that some bad slabs made it into the MH auction or any other major auction house? Sure. Is it likely to be practically every card? That seems to be a bit of a reach without evidence to back up such a comprehensive assertion. The latter seems more like an attempt to induce panic.
I have no interest other than that the truth about this blight on the hobby finally come to light whatever its extent is. And that there be consequences for those who have created it and enabled it, I should add. I am sure many feel the same way, whatever the consequences. I hope for the best and fear the worst. As for looking into it and sorting it out, the only ones who are going to do that are those of us motivated to do so. If you think TPGs or AHs are going to do it, I respectfully disagree, their interest is to minimize and contain.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-24-2019 at 09:23 PM.