View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I wasn't suggesting that autographs aren't a fair topic of discussion, as they are an important area of the hobby. And since the level of fraud is epidemic, it's fair game to point out some of the bad ones. But it's the tenor of these threads I don't like. The same guys every day are ragging on each other, and frankly the only thing I can think of to say is that you guys are becoming really boring.

I for one have probably been one of the most out spoken and seemingly against Travis & David. I AM NOT. I am going tone down the rhetoric.

After further review and not letting my emotions get in the way, I can see where David has a bone to pick with PSA & JSA. If they cost me the kind of money, they cost him on the 27 Yankee ball fiasco, I'd be pretty pissed about it too and I'd regularly speak out about their sloppiness and lackadaisical mistakes. I just wish he wouldn't rail against Richard & Chris, because they are great assets to the hobby and have so much to offer as well.

I also have great respect for Travis & his knowledge on Boxing even though he regularly bashes me and I bash him. Boxing is his passion and PSA & JSA apparently suck at Boxing, so I do get his focus. I just wish he would speak out about ALL forgeries a little more, which are always rampant.

The FDE forgeries are just as important to focus on. Once they are outed, guys like MORALESS, AAU, STAT (they turn to TTA), Birdsick they seemingly go away for a bit and then BANG Tbhey are back on another website or you have new fraudulent FDE's coming out of the woodwork like CSC & ACE pops up and rear their ugly heads. IT IS A BIG Never ending problem & we can thank Chris for helping to spearhead this effort.

Richard is against 3rd party to some degree, but does understand they are the lesser of two evils and regularly "tells it like it really is". He is respected by almost everyone in the hobby and rightfully so.

All in all we are really lucky that these guys put themselves out there and contribute on this board, which is really the standard, by which all blogging is measured. Thanks to all four of you guys, for your passion. FUDD. Happy Super Bowl.