View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Once again, another game decided by the officials. Come on guys, I realize that you are NE fans, but I know you watched the same game I did.

4th Quarter, 3:50 seconds left in the game. How do the officials see a holding penalty that happens away from the play, but miss a face mask (tell me you didn't see that) that happens right there in front of them?

Shouldn't it have been offsetting penalties, replay of down? Instead, the holding penalty set them back 10 yards and took them out of FG range.

NFL is rigged. You can't sit there and say it's not in your make believe fantasy world, but it really is. Another Pats SB is good for the NFL and it was going to happen no matter what.
If it's the play I'm thinking of they didn't call the offsetting facemasks. which would have been technically correct, but also pretty weak as facemasks go.

The hold on the other hand was about as solid of a hold as you can have.

One of the pass interference calls against the pats looked like nearly nothing, but TV didn't have a good angle and didn't show any replays of it.

Overall I though the game was called well. There didn't seem to be any cheap penalties. There's always ones you hear and say what? where? But then on replay its pretty clear.

Steve B