View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Dave Becker

The Topps sets that I collect are 1968-72.

The first Topps cards that I ever bought were those 1968 burlap/wheatina cards. I don't recall which series had the game cards but I did get a number of them and still have them. Probably not more than 10 total and most not in great shape now. I do have a very nice Mantle. He'd faded at the end and was only a single. Killebrew was in his prime and a double.

I love the inserts in those sets and I would like to get the rest of the game cards. I also like the 1969 deckle edge inserts and have a nice assortment of those. I'm not much of a completist when it comes to sets. I never cared to spend much on common players or cards that really don't have much eye appeal. And if they're not 1968-72 then I'm not interested anyway. Collect what you like as they say.

"Collectors were supposedly enjoying the pure hobby of baseball card collecting, but they were also concerned with the monetary value of their collections." House of Cards by John Bloom, 1997.

Last edited by OlderTheBetter; 07-14-2017 at 09:33 PM.