View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 05:09 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty77 View Post
Hey Howard,

I won the Test Disk. I'm not sure I would have stayed in for much more though, but I thought I had seen one listed on ebay as BIN for a lot more a while back and then it was gone. Was that yours or someone else? (The one I remember I'm pretty sure was already PSA-ed, so perhaps that would result in a premium.)

Also, what else can you tell us about them? There is at least one that is not "progressive"? If so I'd rather have that, but for now this will do. Are the other progressives out there different colors so there is only one of each primary color, or is it not really known how many of each are out there?

And if I want this slabbed I could send it in as is and let PSA handle it? I was a little unsure based on how it was described as being mounted on cardboard backing, as far as whether that was now permanent, or just how Topps was adding a passive backing just to stabilize it?

(and no comments necessary from the gallery about having spent that much $ on something I didn't fully understand at the time, as I am already quite well aware of what I've done!--but when starting to run out of things to buy and having the monthly budget start to stack up, it makes me antsy to spend it on something, even if it's something outside my more comfortable knowledge base...)
Since you asked Howard I’ll let him respond on the specific Clemente questions.

For one I don’t think you overpaid at all and likely got a deal on the test disc; Congrats by the way. In my view they are all “progressive” proof discs since they were unpublished. There are proof discs for Clemente in both ‘67 and ‘68. There’s a variety of color progression on the discs and there are examples that have full color. I don’t believe it’s known how many are out there, but they are scarce.

I don’t believe your Clemente is mounted on anything. When Topps puts the items in their holder they include a white piece of backing board and affix their hologram. If you want to get PSA to slab it all you have to do is remove it from their holder (Topps uses a sticker to seal it).