View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
That's an awesome starting point on the 62 Jello box! More than I had to go on for the Bazookas. There is a whole back stroy to the Clemente Alpha bits box that Fred has.

Brian if you would be so kind to send me the scan of the Lipset Ad that would be awesome (hcv123@att.net).

I hope no one decided to cut it along the way to try to get a "10"!
It will take some open time for my son, Howard, but I would be glad to send you a scan of that mouth-drooling advertisement.

Unless the purchaser was a blithering idiot, I would have to think he chose to keep the 1 of 1 1962 JELL-O Clemente unfolded box perfectly intact.

As you rightly responded to my suggestion of having PSA holder your Bazooka boxes, sometimes PSA displays a "what were they thinking??!!??" gross ineptitude in evaluating, grading, AND encapsulating extremely rare and choice gem pieces as Bazooka boxes!

Back in 2008, when I had begun my hobby journalistic journey towards what became my book, I first looked to PSA to grade my Sports Collectors Digest and eventual Never Cheaper By the Dozen cover cards. I called PSA first, but they said they couldn't grade neither my 1962 Apple JELL-O Mickey Mantle unfolded box, nor my 1960 Post Cereal Mick. They would grade my 1954 Stahl-Meyer Franks Mickey Mantle, however. I was in a hurry to make SCD's deadline. So, at the 2008 National in Chicago, Sportscard Guaranty Co. evaluated all 3 items for me. It was costly, but it was worth it, and they did a super job; the cards all looked profoundly beautiful in the SGC holders. I was very, very pleased.

Sorry to wax lyrical but it's a happy memory. Anyways, I will try to get my son's help ASAP, Howard. I don't know if Mr. Lipset is alive to breathe a few words of help to you. The last I knew he resided in Arizona.

All the best to you, sir. -- Brian Powell