View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
Find myself referring to this thread about once a week, always enjoy seeing fellow 54`ers newest additions. Haven`t added anything to it for some time but did acquire this 1953 Stahl Meyer from another 54`er this week, thanks for working with me Dan Mc. Keep them coming boys, never enough of the Mick !
Untitled by Hugh Murphy, on Flickr
Murph, I am so happy for you, bro! Wow, what a gorgeous Mantle! Honestly, I fail to grasp why SGC would not give this beauty a numerical grade. Regardless, it has been loved, of course, but the heart of this card, Mickey's perfect smiling face is magnificent! You bought my book, so you know the history and the lore of this baby. You did right well, my friend. I would have loved to have been in the room when you opened up your package, to see your face. I know mine put me on a cardboard cloud 9, from whence I've never come down. The only other card that did that for me was the 1952 Topps Mickey. Thanks for sharing your joy with us! I know you'll be having a great weekend! You look at that card, and you're a kid again.

The continued best to you, buddy. With this prized piece, Mr. Murphy, you've REALLY "escaped the ordinary"!--- Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 09-06-2020 at 05:28 PM.